Friday 28 September 2012

Stripes

I was having a little panic about having enough things for the craft fair (15 days to go - help). I whipped up another little boy baby quilt top.

I liked that all the fabrics had patterns in lines. So I decided to use that as my base.
I tried to explain what I wanted to do to my mother. She was very confused. "Would that be one of those modern quilts as they as call it?" she asked me.

 Uhmm, I guess. I am not sure if it's modern quilting but I like it.

"Well I guess you youngsters like different things. I guess you know what you are doing and it'll turn out all right."

I'll take that as a vote of confidence in my "artistic" abilities from my mother.

I am linking up to Crazy Mom quilts Finish up Friday.

I need to get ready for eldest daughter's birthday party tomorrow. Five girls,  an accuquilt cutter, bondaweb, canvas bags and pizza; what could possibly go wrong?


6 comments:

  1. I really like your color combination. Swing sets are a great place to hang quilts for pictures. I pictured one on my swingset in this post! http://busyhandsquilts.blogspot.com/2012/09/domestic-bliss-baby-girl-quilt.html

    Mrs.Hearts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very fun party....and what a GREAT quilt! Perfect for a baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute boys quilt, I love the lime and blue. Have a crafty time at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, thanks Mom! The quilt looks great! Sounds like a wonderful party too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you knew what you were doing. lol It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete