Thursday 20 September 2012

Finished 70's vibe boy quilt

 I love this little baby. It was lovely and quick to make. I used my Accuquilt to cut 120 4.5inch blocks.
 Arrange in a pleasing order, sew together. Stand back admire, change some blocks and hey presto.
I used Rashida Coleman-Hale robots from timeless treasures as my starting point. They are just cute. I then had a look at the stash and pulled out some other fabrics I thought were boy style. The dolphins are left over from a dress I made for eldest daughter about 3 years ago. The other sea creatures were part of a quilt for my friends little boy. There are Dinos, road signs and toys. I even included some checks from blouses of mine.

The back is Ikea from their Branslig range.

Now all I need is for someone in my family or friends to have a little boy.

Measurements: 40inch by 48 inch (roughly 1m by 1.20m)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous quilt - loving the backing fabric and the orange/blue complementary contrast on the top. Some little person is going to be very happy to receive this quilt one day :)

    ReplyDelete