Thursday, 15 January 2015
I like how the patterns work. There are circles and ovals. I will have to make a larger version of this.
60cm x 60cm finished
Accuquilt winding ways 8 inch finished die
Fabric from the stash; no new fabric was bought. The fabrics were all bought at Lady sew and sew.
Wednesday, 7 January 2015
Apologies for the long absence. I have been a little bit busy with Christmas etc. My blogging is sporadic at best, so here comes my first resolution: Blog once a week.
- Join the Finish Along 2015. This year On the Windy side is hosting it. Let's hope this will spur me on to have more finishes.
- Get better at curves. In a view to achieving this I aim to finish this winding ways quilt. Only nine blocks, so not too hard. It should then be big enough for a baby quilt. Luckily one of my friends had a brand new baby girl on new year's eve.
- Quilt my rowan red and aqua log cabin quilt. I have the back. I have the binding. I just need to go out and buy the wadding.
- Quilt Shirt of my back scrap trip quilt. This top has been finished for almost a year. Better get this sorted. I have everything I need I jus haven't done anything about it.
- Make eight bibs. Two for each baby due at husband's work. This needs to be a Q1 project as all the baby's are due between now and March.
Not overly ambitious I know. There is a whole long list of other things I want to make and need to make. I am fairly sure that the daughters have outgrown most of their summer clothes and then there are the dress up days at school and school disco to consider too.
I would like some new skirts. Husband wants a quilt to take in his car. I know there are at least three quilts I have pulled fabric for. I also started a red white and blue scrap quilt, which is making slow progress.
Wish me luck with all this.
Friday, 7 November 2014
I have finished a little project for my Neighbour. Her husband passed away suddenly from a stroke two year ago. It has taken her a while to clear out his cupboard. She asked me if I could make cushion covers from his shirts.
Another little commission I am working on is a Christmas stocking.
Have a good weekend.
Monday, 6 October 2014
Wednesday, 10 September 2014
Tuesday, 19 August 2014
I have emptied (some) of the scarp baskets and cut the fabrics into 2.5"scraps. The daughters sewed the squares into blocks for me. This was too random for me I have decided to add some cross or X type blocks to get over the random. I hope to get some more done but the weather has been too good to stay indoors and do much sewing.
Linking to the Stitched in Color "Purge".
Friday, 1 August 2014
|New set up with two machines|
I have made painfully little progress this month. The Girls have been off school since 4/7 and I have managed to make a dress. I can't show you pictures because the daughter has worn it and it is in the laundry basket.
I have however finally gotten round to getting my little Pfaff serviced. It was sewing forward fine but backwards no thank you. It needed a new step motor. Not a cheap repair I can tell you but cheaper than a new machine. I thought it would be worth it as in 2015 the eldest will go up to senior school and sewing is part of the curriculum.
There also leftovers from other quilts. Lets just say that there is a lot. Never ending as far as I can tell.
Well better get back to being a peace keeper. The amount of squabbles pre teen girls can have is amazing. If the UN want to come and practice they are welcome.
I am linking to Lily's Quilts small blog meet. Fingers crossed more will get done in August.