Thursday 28 March 2013

Jewellery Roll

 The daughters gave the Liberty book of Home sewing to me a while ago now. I don't think I have made anything from this book yet. I have look at the pages and oohed and ahed at the pretty fabrics.
 Well I have finally made something. The Jewellery Roll. The instructions could have been a little clearer if I am honest. The pictures in the book could be more real and a little less artistic for my taste.
I am please with how is turned out but I did make a little boo boo. The straps should have been at the same side.  Mine are on opposite sides. Also I used percale for the inside.  

Lovely match with the other fabrics but because of the high thread count hand stitching the binding was hard work. I will take it on holidays with me and ponder over any design changes that may be needed. Pink tulips however really rock my boat, so I am keeping this one.

1 comment:

  1. Those look good. I have books that I have bought books that I have yet to make anything from. Nice job picking something and doing it!

    ReplyDelete