Thursday 1 December 2011

Ready for Christmas?

Are you ready for Christmas? I am not. I need to get Sinterklaas out the way first. Quite a tricky thing to make it fun with only the four of us and my parents to celebrate but we try to make the best of it.
I did fancy trying to make December a bit more fun and magical this year. I have made some fun place mats for us. The Father Christmas fabric is from Ikea as is the back. The borders are from Makeover fabrics Christmas range. I must confess I don't think they are all from the 2011 collection. My local fabric shop tends to sell what ever it gets hold of.
I tried to free motion quilt the place mats with stars. I gave up and drew them on instead. I quilted the place mats using Mettler green metallic thread. I like how they turned out and the daughters think they are fab.

I am trying to win an Go Baby Accuquilt. Have you got? If no why not enter here.

No comments:

Post a Comment