Wednesday 15 February 2012

Basting

Or rather not basting.
I went to my parents' house today to baste the purple pink block quilt. This plan was foiled by the daughters having half term holidays. They found Oma's bead box. Instead of helping me with the quilt Oma made necklaces with her granddaughters.

Blue and white creation

Best worn with a pink wooden Hello Kitty necklace and small garnet necklace

Daughter two showing off what she wore today

 Daughter 2's creation. Jade with carnelian and glassonay (don't know how to spell that but that is how mother pronounces it. It the blue beads with white flowers.) I think she has added some little onyx beads to make the necklace the required length as she ran out off carnelian. 
Daughter 1 went for square white jade beads and big blue ceramic beads. My mother believes the blue ones were bought by me at Liberty's when I was a child. I do remember those blue beads but I don't know where they come from.

1 comment: