Monday, 30 March 2015


 Finally finished these quilts. It was a long wait but I think it was worth it. I like the red with the Aqua. The fabrics are two fat quarter pack Rowan fabrics and the Aqua is Valori Wells by Westminster fibres. The centres of the log cabins are lilac polka dots. You can't see them very well on the picture but they are there.
The back is an Ikea print. It's just shy of the width I needed, so I added this lovely strip of pink hearts. They are leftover from a dress Daughter2 had. I quilted diagonal straight lines (almost straight) in Mettler topstitching thread. It works quite well and my Pfaff seems to like the thread.
I also finally finished the Shirt scrap trip. And yes, Shirts were harmed in the making of this. I prefer to call it upcylcing though.
The back is another Ikea print. I must learn to make my quilts at little less wide though. I added another upcycle element here though, an old pillow case from Habitat. The wadding was made from recycled bottles, which fitted well with the upcycle theme here.

Home life has been a bit all over the place Husband was in a car crash. Luckily he wasn't seriously hurt but he is home for at least another four weeks nursing his broken vertebra. He has commandeered my sewing table. It's height adjustable, so he can stand and work. I have had to move back to the dining room table this does slow down progress though.

Two more of my finish list for Q1.


  1. Hi - I came here from Lily's Quilts. Love your quilts - especially that TAW that you made from shirts! It inspires me to do the same. :)

  2. Great finishes! Now I am wishing I had picked up a stash of potential backings last time I was at ikea.