Wednesday 25 February 2015

Work in progress round up.

A quick round up of my works in progress:

Quilt back for the shirt scrap trip quilt. I have booked the basting table and tomorrow is the it will get basted.
 Finally cut into some fabrics I have been hoarding for about a year. This will be a sampler quilt. The fabrics are Tula pink saltwater and Karavan by Valori Wells and other fabrics from my stash that I think match.

I started a skirt for myself during half term. Probably progress has been slower than I would like.
 Village haberdashery Star block of the month. They are on instagram as starbotm. Can't seem to find hashtag on my keyboard. I am such a techno wizard - not.
 Again finally using some fabrics Karavan fabrics I bought about a year ago. It was a really good deal at Lady Sew and Sew; a giant fat quarter pack, which worked out at £1.50 per FQ. Bargain.
I am trying to improve my curved piecing. The fabric choices are a little cute. My daughters love it though. I worry that is is too sweet and will cause dental cavities. We will see how it turns out.

Linking to Freshly pieced WIP Wednesday.

7 comments:

  1. nice bunch of wips. don't worry about dental cavities ;) my hashtag symbol is above the # 3
    Colleen @ piecemakerquilts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have to use a cmd key as well as the 3 because the symbol above is £. I'll let you know if I work it out.

      Delete
  2. Great work! I especially love the curved blocks. The fabrics are sweet, and they work well together. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am crazy about those backing fabrics! I want them!!! The star blocks are great, and I think your curved piecing looks pretty good, myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flowery one is Ikea. I am not sure if they still sell it. The yellow is an old pillow case that was never used and found at the back of the linen cupboard by my mother. I carefully unpicked it and voila you have a rather long piece of fabric.

      Delete
  4. Love your colour combos for WIP Wednesday http://www.freshlypieced.com/

    ReplyDelete