Thursday, 15 January 2015
I like how the patterns work. There are circles and ovals. I will have to make a larger version of this.
60cm x 60cm finished
Accuquilt winding ways 8 inch finished die
Fabric from the stash; no new fabric was bought. The fabrics were all bought at Lady sew and sew.
First strike of the finish list for Q1.
Wednesday, 7 January 2015
Apologies for the long absence. I have been a little bit busy with Christmas etc. My blogging is sporadic at best, so here comes my first resolution: Blog once a week.
- Join the Finish Along 2015. This year On the Windy side is hosting it. Let's hope this will spur me on to have more finishes.
- Get better at curves. In a view to achieving this I aim to finish this winding ways quilt. Only nine blocks, so not too hard. It should then be big enough for a baby quilt. Luckily one of my friends had a brand new baby girl on new year's eve.
- Quilt my rowan red and aqua log cabin quilt. I have the back. I have the binding. I just need to go out and buy the wadding.
- Quilt Shirt of my back scrap trip quilt. This top has been finished for almost a year. Better get this sorted. I have everything I need I jus haven't done anything about it.
- Make eight bibs. Two for each baby due at husband's work. This needs to be a Q1 project as all the baby's are due between now and March.
Not overly ambitious I know. There is a whole long list of other things I want to make and need to make. I am fairly sure that the daughters have outgrown most of their summer clothes and then there are the dress up days at school and school disco to consider too.
I would like some new skirts. Husband wants a quilt to take in his car. I know there are at least three quilts I have pulled fabric for. I also started a red white and blue scrap quilt, which is making slow progress.
Wish me luck with all this.